CoverMyMeds requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
As a Senior Software Developer at CoverMyMeds, you’ll create solutions that make our healthcare system work more efficiently and effectively in order to help millions of people receive their prescription medications every year. You’ll build products that our partners in healthcare use every day and innovate products that don't even exist yet. You’ll work on small, cross-functional and collaborative teams with endless opportunities to take on responsibility, continue learning and mentor others. This position can be worked from our Columbus office or be fully Remote.Our Tech Stack
Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, Python, PHP, React, VueJS, AngularJS, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Git, Elasticsearch, Capistrano, Redis, Sidekiq, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber What You’ll Do
CoverMyMeds has built many products to solve complex Healthcare problems. You'll help build solutions with Product Alignment, and contribute to our applications in many ways, including the following:
- Design and develop web applications and APIs for the CoverMyMeds product line
- Jump into both the front-end and back-end of solutions, with the exact balance depending on the project and team
- Own the quality of the solutions you create through automated testing, and support and maintain your solutions after they’re in production
- Contribute to a productive agile environment by partnering closely with necessary stakeholders, deploying often and inspecting and adapting as needed
- Around 7+ years of experience in back-end web development (Don’t know our tech stack? No problem. We hire from all tech stacks and training’s on us)
- Knowledgeable in front-end web development technologies and techniques
- Proficient in development SQL database software
Non-technical skills that really set our Senior Software Developers up for success:
- Able to navigate ambiguity and drive towards completion
- Able to Execute the development roadmap for complex, multi-phase projects, possibly as a project tech lead
- Understand the implications of my decisions and adjust my approach based on the impact and risk in the short and long-term
- Proactively share information so that the right people are informed and aligned
Our more senior Software Developers should also have these traits:
- Positively influence how different teams organize and execute their work
- Demonstrate leadership on a regular basis
- Strong grasp on long-term business unit risks and how to minimize using technology
Our company culture is a collection of the unique individuals who represent our mission and values. We are looking for people who are motivated to take on challenges and have a passion for helping others. If you don’t feel you check every box, but have relevant skills that can impact this role, please apply! We can grow together.How We Grow
We’re almost always hiring Software Developers on all our teams across CoverMyMeds. We encourage internal movement, grow constantly and experience a ton of change, so we feel it’s most important to assess you for how you’ll succeed at CoverMyMeds versus on one individual team. We do our best to learn as much as we can about your skill set and interests, and at the end of our process, we select which teams we feel will set you up for success right away.
A quick note: If you’d prefer different logistics to accommodate your individual needs and set you up for success, let us know how we can help and we'll do our best. We want this process to be as accessible and inclusive as possible for you.
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.